Let's start in the world of sports:
- I love that all the people with an "8" tattoo should feel stupid. I'd like to think I'm speaking to the asshats that are the Virginians. I just straight-up, don't like your kind. My Aunt is in Virginia. I love her but the rules apply to all Virginians and I can't be choosy.
And yea yea about the Virginia Tech people. Not excempt. I feel for em, as I feel for all major tragedic events.
Let's also remember that we're talking about me and my thoughts when I say area.
Nicest thing said/written to me:
- I've been reading a book and this passage spoke to me, I know it is a little out there but whatever...
"He probably was. Your problem is you don't understand what that word means. People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that's holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. Soulmates, they come into your life to reeveal another layer of yourself to you, and then they leave. His purpose was to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light could get in, make you so desperate and you of control that you HAD to transform your life!"
...and for this I thank you.
- I'd say!
Nicest thing I've been able to do:
- Give my best friend $300 to borrow. It made me feel more financially secure, which happens to be one of my 'issues', so this is super good for me! And it's helping someone else. Everybody wins.
- I wore my grandfather's ring and my greatgrandfather's watch to the funeral on Monday, the reason I haven't been blogging anything worth a damn. It turned out that along with the dark suit, the gold really popped out while still looking classy
Favorite Links of the Moment:
- Sean's Ramblings-seems to have roped me for at least a week. Pretty funny stuff and a full-out California Tortilla nut, like me!
- Lovelifewhatever.com- I joined up and it's so much fun! Like blogger, myspace and an arcade, all in one place. It's addicting. I know that!
- http://maps.google.com/- your friend and mine. I've almost got it down. I really want to get it down, as I don't know how long I went last night but I know it was a pretty far ride. An hour and a half ride went well. Hit some nice hills, decent flat but the distance was good. I'll be interested in seeing how far I really went given I'm a little sore today.
- There are a few different Triathlon blogs I've been getting more and more into reading:
Throughth3wall this is my newest one
- http://thestrongbuzz.com/ - was on Top Chef, which I actually watched this week (first time in weeks)
Looking forward to:
- Morning's fresh cup of coffee
Not looking forward to the Ikea mystery shop. Maybe it'll be worth the 45 bux the bank shops aren't shit so that is easy money. **Update- got it extended to Monday. A stay of execution*
Looking further forward to:
- Poker tonight and Friday night =)
Looking so far forward, one might mistake it for a plan:
- Agricultural Fair, followed by the Nationals/Mets game. Nothing like taking on the league leader at home after hanging out with fresh corn and a crash-up derby.
Largest Realization of the Moment:
- My legs are gonna be tired/sore tomorrow
Biggest (Slick)Deal of the Week:
Ate a banana, drank lots of water and took in some extra sodium to hold it all together. But still nothing held strong to California Tortilla's chicken ceaser burrito and the free one next time!
I can't stop eating these things. A tasty mixture of proteins, carbos and prolly a bit of fat somewhere...not that I can find it.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Let's start in the world of sports: