Thursday, January 19, 2006

IMDB = I Might Do Buddia

Parker: 'Legalize Cannabis'

Golden Globe winner Mary-Louise Parker has urged the Us Government to legalize marijuana, after playing a cannabis-selling mother in her hit comedy Weeds. The 41-year-old actress, who won her second Golden Globe for her portrayal of drug-dealing Nancy Botwin on Monday night, has been surprised by the public and critical response to the show, and admits she expected her character's controversial job to offend a lot of Us TV viewers. She says, "I'm really in favor of legalizing marijuana. I don't think it's that controversial. I thought people would be more offended by this than they are. I'm surprised they weren't." Parker adds she was stunned she beat Desperate Housewives stars Marcia Cross, Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman and Eva Longoria to win Best Performance By An Actress In A Television Series - Musical Or Comedy last night. She adds, "I thought Felicity would win. I think we're all desperate housewives. My character is just a little bit more desperate than theirs."

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker