Friday, September 15, 2006

Why fight movies aren't all evil

Fight Club: A movie about growing older.

"When people think you're dying, they really really listen to you"

- dedicated to my father.


He has what is thought to be a maligant tumor near his kidney. So come mid-November, he will have a thoraxic surgery to have it and part of his health kidney removed.
Only then, will we know for sure if it really is a tumor or what type of mass it is, that is showing on the MRI done a few days ago.

Scheduling problems don't allow for the surgery to be any sooner, so don't think I'm not upset by this.

Of course up until a week ago, I was pissed at shit at him for basically being such a douche my entire life. And of course, I've remember feeling this way previously, due to the near-death of him when I was in High School.

So whose really the asshole here? The man that basically ignores your interests and wants, due to a lack of empathy and compassion, and replaced with the hollow disappointment of a life not lived as it was planned out to be - OR - the son that feels compelled to communicate humanly to him only because of the thought of losing him?


Unlike Tyler, I wouldn't fight my dad.

The End.

OTHER CLASSIC LINES:

The things you own, end up owning you
- of course it's a classic line

Versity solutions for modern learning.

Airport parking, long-term
- yea, like there is any other kind. Get it?

That which does not matter, truly slide

Favorite lines:
Only after we've lost everything, are we free to do anything
- My absolute!!


WOrking jobs we hate to buy shit, we don't need.
- Yea but shit we don't need is fun to play with. Life lacks without stimulation and toys are fun to play with. Call me a loser for liking to blog and learn html, download music and online cards.
- I'd love to believe in this way of living, but in the reality that this world brings, money does make the world go 'round. It's luck to do something you enjoy

---And the song during the credits. Good guitar, original sounding voice. I mean, I feel like I know it but in another parallel life ;)

side note: poker loss: 76th of 2000 3:29am ugh

Quote of the week: "'Nip/Tuck' is like 'House' with blowjobs"

4 comments:

Chief Musical Ninja Monkie said...

B - Sorry to hear about your father. And I don't think you need to overanalyze the conundrum you are in. Who gives a shit who is the bigger douche? If someone does, fuck 'em. The point is that you care about your father and I am sure he does for you as well. The past is just that: past. Nothing you can do about it. You can change the future however. Live by moving forward.

Ok, enough psycho-babble for the day. I am high on percocet anyway. What the hell do I know anyway. Take care and good luck tomorrow on the Praxis.

Chief Musical Ninja Monkie said...

Sorry...the tag for my name should have read http://guitarS.ninjamonkies.net/weblog.php

Scott said...

1) Sorry about Papa-Bear. :hugs:
2) That pic of Brad Pitt is the gayest f'ing thing. You might as well rename your blog "Fuck me in the Ass" ::giggle::

Siryn said...

Forget recriminations and move forward. Sometimes life has to bitch-slap us before we see what's important. Don't worry about the reasons now - just do what's right.

 
eXTReMe Tracker